Segments 1000% not enough

Home Forums Support Forums TURBOSPLINES Segments 1000% not enough

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  botheredclayton 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

botheredclayton
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just purchased this plugin, and have found a really frustrating parameter. The segmentation of each animated spline is calculated (oddly) by the scale of the spline. So where I have a spline 1cm long, even if I increase the Segments to 1000%, I still get a really low poly result.

I know I can rescale the scene etc. but this goes against lighting and re world scale workflows. Plus I have a scene with an animated camera in it and 3ds doesn’t correctly keep the camera animation when rescaling the scene.

I might be able to do some sort of odd scale up/reset xform combination, but all this is just extra time to spend, when I’ve already spent many hours getting tho this point where I understand what it’s doing.

Why not just have the Segments parameter non limited? It’s just weird an frustrating to ask users to scale up their scene to accommodate a limited parameter and also by doing so, not use accurate scaling for lighting, and materials.

Is this going to be fixed at any point?

rode3d
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks for purchasing TurboSplines.

The segmentation of the meshes is tied to the scale of the scene because TS needs to handle many different segmentations with a single parameter. So the parameter is a percent of the length of every spline.
    But you are absolutely right!
    There’s no reason to limit the parameter to 1000%.
    I’ll fix this and release a new update for TS tomorrow.
    Agree?

Best,
    Hernan Rodenstein.
    Splinedynamics.com

botheredclayton
    Participant

Wow, that would be amazing. I’m super impressed!

Thank you

rode3d
    Keymaster

Hi,

TurboSplines v1.07 update is ready!

Now the upper limit for the Segments (%) parameter was increased to 9999.9. I think that will be enough for most of the cases.

You can download this update from the Product Updates page.

Please let me know if this works ok for you.

Cheers!
    Hernan R.

botheredclayton
    Participant

Awesome, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.